Saturday, April 6, 2013

Peanut Butter Fro-yo

In my never-ending search for the answer to 'how to get an ice cream fix without ice cream' I came across this at one of my favourite clean eating websites and figured I'd give it ago. My bananas are ear-marked for tomorrows banana bread so the Banana Ice Cream wasn't an option.

So here it is
1 serving Greek Yogurt (I used 3/4 cup of fat free Greek yogurt)
1 tbsp unsweetened coco powder
1 tbsp natural peanut butter (I used regular cause my boys HATE natural :( 
Stevia to taste (I used about 1/8 a tsp)

Combine ingredients so you get a mousse-like consistency in a freezer safe bowl.
Place lid on bowl and place in freezer for about 30min
When time is up let it thaw slightly then enjoy!

I'm kind of 50/50 on this one. I LOVE Greek yogurt, but this was still a little too yogurty for my sweet tooth craving. And I'm still getting used to the taste of Stevia since it (and other sugars) is not used regularly in my house. The consistency was really yummy. I'd probably up the PB and coco next time and see how that goes, or just use less yogurt.

So not a total win, but I'm hopeful.
I'll post tweaks as I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment