Monday, February 23, 2015

Panko Crusted Honey Mustard Salmon - Win!

Back from 'vacation'! It's never really a vacation for us. It's flying to yet another snowy cold location and driving around parading my self and kids in front all of the friends and family who refuse to visit us here. It's really not bad, just a very packed in trip so I hardly count it as a vacation. No beach? No vacation.

Moving on...

I'm all about a good salmon recipe. It's not something we buy every week due to price so when I buy it I want a recipe that I know will make it amazing.
I've made this recipe from Cooking Classy twice and it's been a huge hit both time. It's lightly sweet and a little zesty, and perfectly crunchy, even if you only end up crusting one side like I did the first time because my salmon had skin. One inconsistent thing about where I shop, half the time the salmon has skin, half it doesn't. It's a fish gamble.
Also I tend to cook my salmon in one large piece, so adjust your cooking times accordingly. For me it was about 30 min for a good size piece.

The first round of this recipe I followed it exactly with the lemon zest and everything. The second time I lacked a lemon, but replaced some of the oil in the breadcrumbs with lemon juice (from a container - yah yah) and it turned out just as good if not a tiny bit better. Crusting salmon with Panko is not the first thing that comes to mind when I think about a salmon recipe, but this one is now a regular in our meal rotation.

Yes, I took a bite before I remembered to take a picture. It's that good.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment